Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Suave Avocado

It took me a few months, around 6 stores, and a couple dozen dresses to find a dress that I love. That Groom only needed 2 stores and 2 hours to find his suit. Such is life.

We decided that buying a suit would be better than renting a tux, as we are regular church goers and he would be able to wear it weekly if he so desired. Even if he doesn't ever wear it to church, he will still be able to wear it to the corporate functions he has every once in awhile.




Confession: This was a full price tux, and we had intended on buying one on sale. In my opinion, it's rather silly that the girl spends $1000 on her dress and he is expected to budget $300 or so on his suit. After the wedding, I get to sell my dress and keep all of the money to spend however I would like. I've already started daydreaming about all of the pretty things I can get with the money.....

Anyone else spend almost as much (or the same amount or more!) on the wedding suit as was spent on the wedding dress?

No comments: