Monday, July 28, 2008

Benvenuto and Witajcie

It took my parents quite a long time to get used to the idea that their little farm girl would be moving away to Poland one day. At one time Mr. Avocado was positive that his future wife would have to see Poland before making the decision to live their permanently, but after several months of dating we felt right about making the decision to marry without such a trip.



Once the seriousness of our relationship become clear to my parents they really wanted me to go, and Mr. Avocado and I were completely on board (especially since this trip would be on Daddy's dime and not mine or Mr. Av's). The decision to go was made only a few weeks prior to our departure date and so all of the planning had to happen rather quickly. It was decided that my mom and I would visit Italy for a few days (giving me a chance to utilize the three semester of Italian I have taken), and then tour around with the future in-laws in Mr. Avocado's hometown.

As plans progressed, the idea of a "bridal shoot" in Rome developed. My mom is a wedding photographer, and so it was only a matter of finding a dress. My mom has a fun collection of cheap ebay wedding dresses she has been building up over time, and she sent one of her purchases over to me to see if it might fit.




To put it lightly, it fit more like a sausage case than a dress, as it took two people 5 minutes to get me zipped up inside of the thing. You know how on Victorian movies the girl breathes a huge sigh of release when she is released from her corset? That is how I felt when I took it off. I would like to point out that I am sporting what I have affectionately nicknamed my little finals "Carb Induced Food Baby." I was also running low on conditioner and apparently I feel that the best solution to this is washing my hair less, not in fact, buying more of the $3 Aussie I use.

It was decided that the "butt bow" dress seen above would NOT work, and without any other viable options, we were beginning to think that the dress shoot in Rome was not going to happen....

No comments: