Sunday, July 6, 2008

First Things First: A Dress Found!

Hey Mr. Avocado, I don't think you're reading my posts, but if you are it's time for you to stop reading right now.....remember our little deal?

Please forgive me, as I only have pictures of three dresses this time (and they just aren't that pretty), since all of these photos had be taken on the sly by my fabulously creative friend Nicole who had to misdirect the sales associate with requests for veils and tissues and the like. It would be a completely different situation if it were up to me. All of these dresses were found at Mockingbird Bridal, chosen because of it's large selection and price range.

This first dress was a big contender, it was actually the first dress I tried on during my time in the store (I only tried on 6 dresses total this time, not how it was before). I thought that the horizontal stripes might cut me off, but instead the dress had me looking rather long and lean.

I am just not a fan of sparkly embellishments, beading, sequins, etc. I guess I like having control of what the embellishments are going to look like. I've heard that it would be no problem to have the dress made without any sparkles on it, but even without the sparkles the dress is out because I don't think sleeves or a bolero would ever look good with it.

Don't I look a little fried here? I was new to Texas and jobless, which meant a lot of time spent at the pool. I love how the ruffles cascade and flow down the back of this dress. It was just a little too architectural for me, a little more structured than I was looking for.

It's a good thing that I didn't end up loving this next dress the most because it was the most expensive one I've tried on yet. It was very romantic, and I loved the bubble skirt, but a little busy for my taste. I wish we had a picture without the sash, but the sweet little sleeves are a nice touch. The back was very pretty with crystal buttons down the back. I love two things on wedding dresses, pleate and buttons down the back. If you love this dress, I found it on the the Jasmine website here.



And now, the moment you've all been waiting for.


The dress!



It's Watters 9055B, and even though these photos of me are some of the worst ever taken, I can't get over how much I love this dress. I've lost 15lbs since these photos were taken and so I think it will sit a little bit smoother on my back and stomach. I hope I ordered it in the right size, I don't even know what size I tried on!

The sleeves will need to be added to, and I am going to do some searching for a new brooch at the waist. But other than that, it's Mary Poppins perfect.



I called A Bride Beautiful the moment I got home to find out if she could order it, and put a deposit down right then. I'll be flying down to Utah the third week of August for a few days of fittings and alterations, and then it will finally be mine all mine.

How can they ever expect us to wait so long for such an amazing dress?!?

No comments: