Thursday, July 3, 2008

First Things First: The Dress 1.5

Before we get into the second part of my shopping experience and the pictures found therein, I need to explain something before I look like a most hypocritical little avocado.

I mentioned before that I will be making some promises that deal with modesty. I will not wear anything sleeveless, plunging (front or back), off-the shoulder, or above the knee. This does not just mean dressing like this on my wedding day or for the ceremony, I will be following these guidelines every day for every outfit that I wear for the rest of my life (before you get the wrong idea, I can wear a normal swimsuit to the beach, but I do try be demure in my choice of attire).

As with all belief systems, this can be interpreted in different ways by different people. Although I have not yet made these commitments, I still strive to follow them right now, because I believe in what it means and because I would like to prepare myself for the way I will be living very shortly.

My next two posts will include photos of myself wearing dresses I tried on from various designers, most of them being strapless dresses. It might seem two-faced to some of you that I say I do these things, and then show you photos of myself wearing something completely different. I used my own judgment to decide whether or not I would post these photos of myself on the internet, and have decided that I feel comfortable doing so.

These photos act as a reference to help me decide which gown I like best. I think that all of you enjoy seeing the photos as well, and so I hope you will indulge me as I walk you through my shopping experience and the many many many pictures I have from it.


Get ready for a whole lot of dress photos to come your way. And one more thing, my posting at Weddingbee won't always be so.....like this. Get excited about my adventures in Italy and Poland (including a bridal shoot in front of the Trevi Fountain and Coliseum), my inspiration board, and the cake buffet idea I am developing!

No comments: