Monday, July 7, 2008

The Hodgepodge Inspiration Board

Let's be honest, some of the other bees have posted some gorgeous boards. Check out the boards by Miss Cupcake and Mrs. Flamingo. The colors, the concepts, everything comes together so well. I've never been able to create "pretty" things very easily, but I figured that after reading 100's of wedding blogs for 9 months straight now, I should be able to put together something similar.

My board.....not so much. I really fought with the kind of board I wanted to create. Something a la Snippet & Ink, a little more conceptual and gorgeous? Or did I want to create a board that was a little more scrambled which really represented what I think of when I try to picture my wedding in my mind?


I decided to go for the hodgepodge look, focusing on the actual ideas rather than the way the photos look. I can write a post about every single one of these photos, as I want to incorporate each and every element in some way. It does bother me that everything doesn't fit in with my overall color scheme, but I know that I chose a versatile color palette and all of these elements can be customized to fit in with it somehow.

Now it's time for me to systematically go through all of these elements and introduce you to where I am headed with all of this. Before we dive into the little details, I think it's time for you to learn all about my fantastic location!

Anyone else having a tough time creating an image which conceptualizes to the kind of wedding you are trying to create?

No comments: