Monday, July 28, 2008

Hey MILLIE You're So Fine!

You know how sometimes someone mentions something, sort of in passing, and it's a thing that you would love to have happen, but you are not sure how serious they were, and you don't want to make the relationship awkward? The beauty of blogging is, you never have to deal with that awkwardness. You can suggest anything on your mind, and hope that it might, possibly, work out.

When I wrote about the vintage bow-on-the-butt dress on my personal blog, I found a comment in my inbox from a commenter called "bridal fashion by MILLIE" saying:
I SO would have let you borrow a MILLIE gown...
I was of course, intrigued, and so I wrote back to her. Our banter continued back and forth, with my hopes slowly building each time that this might actually pan out. It took a couple of emails, and a few phone calls, and then it happened. We reached an agreement. In return for a dress and two boleros, we are going to be providing the images from the shoot for Bridal Designs by MILLIE to use however they would like.

I will let the blogger Millie herself introduce you to what the bridal designs by MILLIE line is all about.
You could say my mom has always been a dreamer, a woman with a million ideas. Then one day, there was this powerful dream keeping her up at night. My mother, Judy Panozzo, had been in the bridal industry almost 15 years when this dream just wouldn’t let her rest. In a shop brimming with the same old wedding dress, she had become extremely bored and wanted to be able to offer her brides a unique, fashionable, well-constructed gown without breaking the bank.
These gown are not your average Run-Of-The-Mill-Use-Sequins-To-Distract-From-
The-Fact-That-The-Dresses-All-Look-The-Same type of dress. Affordable doesn't have to equal ugly people.

I was told that I could pick ANY DRESS and have it shipped right to my door. Going through the dresses to pick the right one was so fun, I kept going back and forth, over and over until I came to a decision. Before you see which one I chose, scroll down through the options to see why the decision was so hard.


The Emily was the first dress we eliminated. Although it would be very forgiving (figure-wise), and would pack so compactly, it doesn't have the drama we were looking for.































This is the Shayne. I of course, love the pleated tulle at the bottom with all my heart, but I am thinking that the twins would be saying hello quite frequently in something this low (if you did not know, I am very blessed in the chestal area). Plus it has straps! I didn't want to be modeling anything that I would be uncomfortable in, since I don't ever wear strapless things.



















The Isabella was actually a contender for awhile, and at one point I told Millie it is what we were going to go with, but something a little bit more me won out in end.




























Sadly, the Tyla had to go because she doesn't have a train. My Mom needs a train to throw around and pose. I think she would give me such a nice long line though.

































The Miranda is actually my favorite dress. I love love love the crossover bodice! She had to be eliminated because of the low back. I would be wearing a bolero for most of the photos, and we can't have a space between the bolero and the dress. That would just look plain silly. Plus, I think a back that dramatic needs to be shown off, not covered up by a little jacket.
























Which left me with.......



The Aurora!

The fit should be somewhat similar to this dress. My Mom loved her because she would be uber-dramatic in front of places like the trevi fountain, and I love the sweetheart neckline! The asymmetrical dropped waist looked flattering, and the back is high enough that a bolero can meet it. I am just over 5'2" so a dress like this, with its floaty bottom will look fine un-hemmed.














So once again I would like to preach about using your resources. This time the resource was my blog, and the kindness of someone I have never even met. I would also like to add the phrase "it never hurts to ask" to my sermon as well. Pursue those leads ladies, because I can hardly believe the photos I have just from replying to a comment left on my blog!

Anyone else have a dress from a less well-known designer or know of some other affordable gowns? Let's get a list started and add it to the Wiki!

No comments: