Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Weddingbee Classifieds DOC

I emailed all of the Seattle Day of Coordinators (also known as DOC) that I could find contact information for, and then did research on all of them. After creating a tentative budget and setting my priorities I realized that I can't afford to spend $1000 on a DOC. I had resolved that I would have to figure out everything by myself and probably have to fix some disasters on the wedding day.

Then the weddingbee classifieds stepped in and changed everything. Way back when I was a subscriber and not a Bee, I was scrolling through some posts and saw an ad for a Seattle DOC. Her price was so low that I was skeptical at first, but this is her first year in business and she is attempting to get started. Since this is a fairly normal thing to do (and exactly what I would do if I were attempting to start my own wedding coordination business), I decided to give her a call and see how we clicked over the phone.

The phone call went well, she was willing to do the things that I really needed, and I made a split-second decision to go for it! Mr. Avocado is supportive and thinks it's a great idea. It's so nice when he backs up my wedding decisions. I hope to give you all a positive review of her services come mid-October!

Please, share your Weddingbee Classified success stories!

No comments: