Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Grandma Quilt

This weekend I received my first wedding gift. In our family, Great-Grandma N makes every grandchild (and now great-grandchild) a quilt when they get married. My sister sleeps with one quilt that my mom received from this grandma, and I sleep with another. Now I'll be able to take one of these quilts with me no matter where I live.



I'm already completely redesigning the dream master bedroom I had in my head to best frame this gorgeous work of art. This will be the first thing packed in my suitcase when we move to Poland someday.



I don't know anything about sewing or quilting, but I know what a work of love something like this is, and I appreciate the effort grandma makes for each and every one of us. I called her immediately to thank her for the beautiful gift with such a "gorgeous swirly pattern".



What kinds of treasures have you received from friends and family members?

No comments: