Wednesday, August 20, 2008

It's Going To Happen, Really

I had never heard of a Save The Date until I started reading wedding blogs, and I actually thought they were kind of ridiculous. It seemed like an extra expense that everyone was tricked into thinking they needed. Then I started getting asked when my wedding was almost every week, sometimes by the same people over and over.

So I did the easiest thing possible and sent out an email. The "It's going to happen, really" was added because I was still ringless at that point. You can imagine how frustrated I was getting, planning a wedding with no one believing it was really going to happen.



It didn't solve all of my problems, but it was free, and it got the message out to almost everyone.

What other ways did you try to get the message across to your guests to prepare them for the invitation they would be receiving in the mail?

No comments: