Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Wedding Bands: Forming and Soldering

I love my e-ring. I love it so much I don't want it to have to share my left ring finger with anything else. I wanted a wedding band, especially due to the existence of our ring ceremony, but I wasn't sure how I was going to wear it. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that in Eastern Europe, wedding bands are worn on the right hand and not the left. Perfect! I would keep my e-ring on my left for America, and wear something on my right for Poland. My two homes.

Then I opened the wedding budget, and things were not looking good for me. Enter Alchemy, the portal for custom item requests on Etsy. I created a request detailing I was looking for, and the price I was hoping for. I received 5 or 6 replies, and was immediately drawn to the work of bddesigns. I love the look of hammered jewelery, and I thought that a set of her inscribed stacking rings would complement my e-ring nicely.


bddesigns

For just a little bit more, we set up a a payment that would include a trio of engraved stacking rings for myself, and a wedding band for Mr. Avocado. She was very prompt to reply to my emails, and we had soon settled on a price and a design. I was pumped to have her offer to send me photos of the creation process. Shots like that are a bloggers dream.

My Bands




His Band



I also want to note how beautiful her photography is, good photos get me so excited. Although I don't have the final product in my hands yet, she has sent me the next batch of photos and they look exactly like what I was envisioning. I'm going to make you wait one more day to see them though!

No comments: