Monday, August 25, 2008

Evelyn: The First Fititng

Mr. Avocado. No looking. Do it for me.

********************************

It's been sitting in the shop waiting for me for weeks now. I loved her the moment I saw her. I will call her Evelyn.

The seamstress laughed and laughed about this shot.


Back when I found Evelyn at Mockingbird Bridal in Dallas I forgot one major detail. I didn't note what size I had tried on, and I was ordering my dress from a completely different bridal shop. When the owner of A Bride Beautiful asked me what size to order, I took a guess and ordered a size 10. My nervousness about fit was compounded by my 15 lb weight loss between the ordering and the fitting. Walking into the store I had no idea if the dress would be around my size or if I would be swimming in it.

She was a little big, but overall she fit quite nicely. Below you will find her all pinned up and marked for alteration. I will be adding 1 inch to the neckline, and two more inches of sleeves.



The back looks super funky and uneven because she is all pinned up to fit a little big snugger. But you get the idea. I love the neckline in the back. I love the long trail of fabric covered buttons. I love my Evelyn.



Now onto the veil dilemma. I though I wanted a birdcage, and that no other veil would even interest me. But you know how bridal shops. They have no mercy, and tempt you with all of their overpriced goodies. Please excuse my veil descriptions, I don't know the exact terminology, but I think you get the idea.

Veil #1
Elbow length, double tiered, ribbon edged.


Veil #2
Waltz/fingertip length, double tiered, ribbon edged.


Veil #3
Waltz length, single tiered, ribbon edged.


Veil #4
The birdcage!


I think I am leaning towards the birdcage, because it shows off the back of my dress the most. I love the back, did I mention this?

Editor, Please insert a poll here!
Veil 1
Veil 2
Veil 3
Veil 4

No comments: