Tuesday, September 30, 2008

It's Really Official!

For most, getting their marriage license is "the step" that makes them realize that they are truly getting married, that the big party is really going to happen. For me, and likely for others of my faith, there is a different event that brings about those feelings. After picking up my marriage license the government will recognize my marriage, but I couldn't set foot inside of the temple to actually get married until I completed a personal worthiness interview with my local church leader, and then an area church leader, at which time they grant and sign a temple recommend. Temple recommends are essential to entering the temple, I in no way could have been married inside of the temple without one. I never intended to be married anywhere else so this was an essential step for me :)


This is actually the Dallas, Texas temple. Isn't it beautiful?
Source

Tonight, I received my temple recommend. For those who are not a member of my faith, it might be hard to understand the significance of this event. although I am sure there are other belief systems which involve moments that evoke similar feelings. I have been singing of, reading about, and anticipating going to the temple since I was old enough to understand what it meant. It is undoubtedly the most important step I will ever take in my lifetime spiritual journey.

Tonight I feel happy and blessed. In 11 short days I will be marrying my sweetheart for forever.

At what moment was it official for you?

No comments: