Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Drippy Candles On Parade

I'm working on a project that I am not completely ready to reveal yet, something with a little bit of crystal vintage glam. You may be able to figure out what it is from this photo.....


Please ignore the cheesy and overdone vignette around the candle, I just wanted to hide the background a little bit so that the big reveal of one of my favorite DIY wedding details would be a little bit of a surprise.

I need to know. Does this look like a cool, Phantom-esque effect? Or does it just look dingy and dirty? We want to do the melted candles no matter what, we just didn't know there would be so much blackness (so I might have to break all of this off and try again). The candles are ivory, but they are cheap ones from wal-mart which means they are only ivory coated. I also didn't know about this wick trimming thing that would keep them from getting black. So I burnt them, and now the leftover candle is ivory, and the melty/drippy wax is a nice dingy white and black color. I am getting married 3 weeks before Halloween, so maybe I should go for at least one spooky element at the wedding ;) I kind of like it, kind of don't.

What do you think?

No comments: