Saturday, November 1, 2008

Let the Teasing Begin

My photographer has been devoting entire posts to our wedding day photos. Not just the "here are 40 photos and I am done now," kind of post, but the "I'm breaking this wedding up into several sections and blogging about the event as a story." In fact, if I was really lazy, I could just point you to her blog and not do any recaps at all! Except I have been waiting to do my recaps since I was accepted as a Bee. I LOVE recaps and I can't wait to get my CD back so I can get started on mine.

Why would she devote so much time to our pictures? To quote her:
Jenna was my very first ever roommate at BYU (and makes the top 3 list of favorites, out of 32!), so she gets special treatment.
We chat online almost daily and we plan on flying her out to do a newborn shoot (her specialty, but not happening anytime soon) no matter where we are living. The relationship we have is so much more than just a wedding vendor and a bride, and I love it.

I still want to wait for the cd of prints I purchased with my package before I start my recaps, as I want to really convey the story of our day, not just the best photos. However, for the next few days I am going to choose a favorite photo from each of her posts and tell why I love it so much.

Let's start with a getting ready shot.



Reasons why I love this shot:

1. The lighting is amazing.
2. It's ultra dramatic.
3. You may think that I am giving thanks, or having an intensely emotional moment as I prepare for one of the most beautiful things I will ever do. Nope, I am freaking out because they are tugging on my head to get the veil in. I have a really tender head and I am kind of a baby about people pulling on my hair. My head was so sore after the entire thing was backcombed for what felt like hours. Ok, fine, it was like 20 minutes, but I think I only cried one time!

To see more shots of me getting ready, visit the post here (or don't and then it will be more of a surprise when I finally do tell all!)

No comments: