Monday, November 24, 2008

Seattle Wedding = Rain. Right?

Getting married in Seattle caused me to think thoughts of rain, rain, and more rain. Weather.com informed me that October in Seattle has an average of 13 rainy days per year, which meant my chances of rain might be close to 50%. I saw this picture by Laurence Kim and I knew I wanted to make sure and have umbrellas for guests to hold so we wouldn't be taking photos huddled under buildings if the skies opened up.


I love that the bride and groom provided these as favors!

I searched on ebay looking for "lots" of umbrellas, but I wasn't having much success. Then I decided to give google shopping a try (I think it used to be called froogle). Just go to google.com, and look in the top left corner. Click on shopping and type in the box what you are shopping for. It will bring back results (with prices listed) from all kinds of websites, cutting down on your time searching all of the sites individually. On the bottom of the screen you can refine your search by store, price, etc.

I found a great deal on umbrellas through CandR Elite Wholesale, and after hemming and hawwing for a few days decided to give them a try. The price was great at $2.55 each, but I was nervous that the quality would be subpar. I am pleased to say that the quality was very good, and IF it had rained, my guests would have been well taken care of.

Of course, the weather looked something like this all day long:

Bridesmaids Bree and Kee enjoying themselves in the sun.

That doesn't mean we didn't end up getting some use out of the umbrella investment. MOH Shay had hauled them all the way from the parking lot for me, so I called her over and told her to pose in some photos with me. Cousin Charlie posed all sweet with us.



The things got crazy and the jumping began. Have you tried jumping in your wedding dress, on soft grass, in heels?



Each time we landed we had to extract our heels from deep inside the grass.


We ended on a Rodney Smith kind of a note.


I definitely need to figure out what to do with the 15 umbrellas we have left over. Did you make conditional wedding purchases that might not get used? What do you plan to do with them after the wedding if they don't?

No comments: