Monday, November 3, 2008

The Secret Life of Bees: The Avocado Edition

First there was Popples. Then it was Jenna Nichole. There were many others, some forgotten, some lost, some remembered. Puckers kept me company in high school and through part of college. Green Bear did the job before the wedding.

Yes, it's true.

[Insert cut here Peng! For I think it adds some suspense.....]

Mrs. Avocado sleeps with a stuffed animal. Well, I recently upgraded to a little red pillow, given to me by junior bridesmaid Nay two years ago at Christmas.



But don't let the fact that it's a pillow fool you. It's just a stand-in for a stuffed animal until I convince Mr. Avocado to give me something cute to sleep with when he is out of town on business each week.

It's something about the way my arm sits against my chest when I lie on my side that makes me feel like I have to have it. I really planned on eliminating it once we got married. I figured that getting married would mean I had finally reached the point where I am a grown-up and would not need such childish things anymore.

So maybe I didn't grow up. Or maybe it's okay to hold on to a few childish things after you get married.

Do you have a "childish" secret to share?

No comments: