Monday, October 6, 2008

The Bridal Lineup

It's my wedding week, and there is so much you don't know. I was hoping to help you understand what was going on through my blogging but now I have some major catch up to do.

Let's kick the "up-to-speed" series off by introducing you to my bridesmaids. I will let you meet the groomsmen through the wedding pictures because I fancy a few of them might not even want to be introduced so directly to all of you.

BM Princess Jess


Jess and I don't have a single picture of just the two of us that I know of, something that will be shortly remedied. She was a late addition to the bridesmaid crew, and what a mistake it would have been to leave her off completely! We met through her brother and I realized she was fabulous when I went into her room and saw she owned basically the entire collection of Elvis movies (yes they are terrible, as you might imagine). She loves pink, is a princess (sound familiar to anyone who grew up with me), and did half of the calligraphy for my invitations for me (that is some seriously dedication right there). We were able to survive the English Novel together in college, but our friendship was forever cemented when we ended up in the same Cormac McCarthy class and realized how far out of our league the material was.

BM Beni Bop


Little Beni Bop and I only lived together for 2 years (not much when you consider I lived with some of the other roomie bridesmaids for 5), but that hasn't made any difference for our friendship in the end. She definitely puts up with the most wedding talk out of anyone since she has a desk job and can gchat with me all day long, which I love. She is always up for a shopping trip, and manages to look great no matter what color her hair is! I loved her food cupboard the best and always tried to remember to tell her what little snack I took out of it without asking first (I tried, I really did!)

BM Maggie


Maggie, the personal trainer BM, is like my own personal fitness guru. We lived together all throughout college, and she introduced me to some of the funnest people I know (we love our Trevor!). She is always up for a run for a frozen yogurt and helped me survive a course on anatomy in college (the first time around :) ). She is not only beautiful, but crafty, and I expect her to create some fabulous scrapbook pages dedicated to all of the wedding fun that is planned!

BM Lova


Lova and I lived together for almost 5 years in college, and I say almost 5 because between my case of pneumonia and her study abroad to Spain it was a little bit less. I think she got the better end of the deal on that one. She just got married in July and so she is my go-to girl whenever I have wedding problems I can't figure out on my own. We share a love of Wicked, procrastination, videography, and film critiquing.

BM Bree


Aubree completes the trio of double cousin fun made up by her, myself, and MOH Shay Shay. She is outrageous and crazy and she always makes me laugh. She made me smile the day she sent me a text saying she would do absolutely anything I asked her to in relation to wedding stuff. All of the girls are wearing black and gold shoes of their choice, and Bree's just might be the hottest I have ever seen!

MOH Shay Shay


I can't think of the right words to describe my sister. She's sweet, honest, caring, open, humble, compassionate, outgoing, creative, and gorgeous. She really cares about other people, and constantly shows me up in terms of creativity. She's my go-to girl when life is feeling absolutely crazy, and I think we work really well as a team together. She is always inspiring me with her photography skills, and I can't thank her enough for all of the times she has let me borrow her baby, her "big camera" as I like to call it, and give photography a try.I love her and she has already worked so hard to accomplish the jobs that I have given her. I wouldn't want anyone else right beside me!

Junior BM KeeKee


Kee is Bridesmaid Bree's sister and thus another double cousin. We dont have many pictures together either, which is a shame. She's such a hot teenager and already taller than me. I just had to break the "no kids" rule for her and her sister Nay, as we are all so close I couldn't imagine not having them there.

Junior BM Nay


Nay really is old enough to be a Junior Bridesmaid, even if she doesn't look like it here. This picture was taken about 5 years ago, and since I have been in Utah for college every year the two of us haven't been taking many photos together. She is one of hte sweetest little girls I know, and we love to email and mail notes back and forth to each other.

Bridesman Trevy


The minute Trevy said he was coming to the wedding, I added him to the bridal party lineup. Bridal parties aren't quite the big deal in LDS weddings that they are in others, as most of the above mentioned people don't have temple reccomends and thus won't be witnessing the marrige at all. It's really just a way of saying "You are one of my favorite people ever!", and Trevy definitely falls into that category. Now that I am going to be married I probably should stop saying that I love him, but I really do. I just love him!

With 6 groomsmen coming as well, we are going to be a huge wedding party! How big (or small) is your wedding party?

No comments: