Friday, March 13, 2009

WPPI 2009 in Vegas: Part V, Dumpling As Bride

Together Dumpling and I ate tapas, crepes, watched the fountains and gossiped about all things wedding related.

But the highlight of our time together was the night she dressed up in a rented gown for a photo shoot with Mamacado! (AKA Denise Andersen)

The whole experience was such an adventure between driving out to the middle of nowhere and bargaining for a dress, and shoving people out of the way to get the best shot possible in front of the Bellagio fountains. Think of this as a little behind-the-scenes sneak peek before the full post that Dumpling is planning for next week!



Here's the bride! Oh wait, that's me. I just can't get over being the one in the white dress and pretty veil.
Actually, I was the test subject for the photographers to get their settings just right. I'm not sure why I was wearing the veil? I think that might have been my idea.



Here is the real bride! Isn't she darling? (Do your best to pretend she isn't all blurry.)



The plans for the shoot were set in motion almost a year ago, when I posted my bridal portraits in Rome by Mamacado, and Dumpling, before she was a writer for WB, commented on my mom's blog to say how much she loved the photos and would love my mom to take hers. We were already on our way to Vegas for WPPI so we set this session up!



I love this candid of the two of us!



I was really serious about this ring shot apparently.



Our first location against a yellow-orange wall was really secluded, so we had hardly any crowds to deal with. Once we moved out to the Bellagio fountains, it was a completely different story! Dumpling was posing in front of something like 100 people, and I spent the majority of my time chasing idiots men out of the photos. She is this sweet thing with southern charm so she posed politely every single time they jumped in with her.

I, was not so polite.



This guy didn't jump in with Dumpling, he jumped right in front of the camera!



Because she is so incredibly sweet, Dumpling agreed to let me post a few of my favorites, even though I am totally stealing her thunder by leaking her photos first. Keep in mind that the dress she is wearing is a rented one that didn't even fit properly! Can you imagine how out-of-this-world stunning she is going to look on her wedding day?



I don't think I've ever seen someone work a veil the way that she did. She's a natural in front of the camera.


I'm so excited for you all to see the rest! Post, post post Dumpling!

No comments: