Thursday, March 19, 2009

Goodbye...For Now

Have you ever seen Hello Dolly? There is a scene where Dolly sings to Mr. Vandergelder "Goodbye! Goodbye! Goodbye! Goooooooodbye. Don't try to stop me Horace!" Dolly says goodbye, but she doesn't really mean it, since she has no intention of ever leaving.

Scroll to 44 seconds in the video.



I show you this so you understand what I mean when I say I'm pulling a Hello Dolly. I'm saying "Goodbye" but what I really mean is "Goodbye for right now". Friends and family frequently ask if I'm still writing for that Weddingbee thing, and my response is "Always!" I don't know if I'm ever going to be able to give it up completely, and so you will continue to hear from me sporadically throughout the years until Bee says "Enough Avocado!"

But for right now, I need a break. Somehow, life seems even crazier now that the wedding is over. I have school to worry about, a husband to take care of, and lot's of other exciting things going on in my life. Rumor has it though, that my sister is considering throwing her own big party this Fall, and since she has promised me the official role of wedding planner, I'll have plenty to tell you about!

Why the big dramatic post about my break? Before I was was a writer for WB, I always got so excited when the Bees I had followed from Will You to I Do would post their newlywed blog addresses so that I could continue to follow along with their lives. It feels presumptuous to type it out, but I thought there might be some of you who felt the same way, who might like to know what I'm doing now that I don't have wedding on the brain 24/7.

Shortly after the wedding I started a new blog called That Wife (before I was Miss Avocado I was That Bride). I write about my adventures in the kitchen, photography, struggles with my weight, my faith, my overwhelming desire to have a baby, and pretty much whatever else I have on my mind. I do challenges and those who sign up with me try to cook/bake something, take a picture, and make a lifestyle change all geared around a certain theme each month. I'm lucky to have such a supportive husband because I'm absolutely in love with my blogging! In November I committed to blogging for 365 days in a row, and I'm still going strong (sometimes posting multiple times a day even!)

So you won't see me dropping off the face of the internet anytime soon. Right now I'm all about my business ventures and avoiding school, and hopefully sometime soon you should hear talk of cribs and nurseries and little baby booties (not yet, but soon!)

When I received the email from Penguin informing me that I had been accepted as a Bee I jumped around flapping my arms and crying like I had just won Miss America. It has changed my life in so many ways. I've thought long and hard of some way I can express my appreciation for Bee, Peng, Mr. and BIL Bee, my fellow writers, and ALL of you readers. I thought about writing it in all caps, or using lots of exclamation points, or even composing you a little poem. None of that gets my point across strongly enough though. As melodramatic as it sounds, writing for WB has been one of the best things I have ever done. It wouldn't have been the same without all of your love and support. Thank you for following along as I led you through the craziness that was planning my wedding. Thanks for all of your kind and enthusiastic comments about my wedding recaps. You make me feel so loved.

All of you make Weddingbee what it is. Thank you for letting me BEE here with you! (I just couldn't pass that one up!)

Love,

Jenna

No comments: