Friday, December 12, 2008

Cupcake Bar

I believe wedding inspiration can be found almost anywhere, and this weekend it struck at my husbands company holiday party. Maybe in my newlywed bliss I missed this trend, but this looked like a novel idea to me. I call it "The Cupcake Bar."



Everyone I know loves cupcakes, and everyone I know also loves "create your own" type of experiences, so why not put the two together? The guys in chefs hats are probably an unnecessary, expensive addition, but at this party they were the "frosters." I picked up my fruit toppings, chose my cupcake and frosting, and then chose some pecans and peanut butter candies to seal the deal.



I ended up with a monster black and white cupcake that I didn't even come close to finishing. My tip if you decide to do this: make sure your cupcakes are good. The frosting was overly sweet and the cupcakes were overly dry at this party. Points for a great idea though!



Has this been happenings at weddings all over the country and I somehow missed it? I LOVE this concept and am now wishing I would have incorporated it at my own wedding!

No comments: